you know what’s better than being a 4C honey?
a hydrated 4C honey!
(cause honestly...who likes being thirsty??)
here are 3 ways to moisturize your 4C hair in any style you choose:
rockin’ a Wash + Go
now who said that 4C hair couldn’t do a Wash + Go?!?
4C hair is unstoppable, honey. it can do anything it puts its textured mind to; including styling a bomb Wash + Go! here’s all you have to do:
- step 1: cleanse your coils with the too easy shampoo
- step 2: indulge your kinks in the dreamy and delicious too thicke deep conditioner
- step 3: coat your strands with the too soft leave-in conditioner to keep the moisture locked in
- step 4: use the too slick styling cream to bring out the definition in your kinks
watch your Wash + Go turn into a Wash + Whoaaaa..you go girl! this simple style is perfect for on-the-go, and you won’t have to worry about your moisture running low.
rockin’ a twist/braid out
feelin’ lazy for the week but want to pop out for the weekend? we have the perfect solution: twist it up!
twist-out’s (or braid-out’s, whatever floats your boat) are perfect to wear when you don’t want to bother your hair for a few days. when it does come time to finally take them down...wow, honey. it’s a shine that was well worth the wait (and effort!).
plus, twist-outs are a great way to maintain your moisture without adding any stresses to your tresses! all you have to do is:
- step 1: on freshly cleansed and conditioned hair, apply the too soft leave-in conditioner to your strands
- step 2: follow up with the too slick styling cream while you twist or braid your hair in sections
- step 3: after your twists have been holding up for a few days, use an oil serum to take them down
- step 4: fluff out your kinks to style to your desire
optional: to ensure that your kinks are staying juicy during this time, you can take a spray bottle full of water and aloe vera juice to hydrate your coils. just be sure when it’s time to take them down, they’re completely dry!
rockin’ a protective style
hot coil summer checklist: bomb plans, bomb frens, bomb hairstyles...yep, this sounds about right!
we all know what it’s like to enjoy a summertime fine protective style. whether it’s box braids, Marley twists, or a wig (or a few!), it’s okay to take a short break from your kinks and rock a new look.
as long as you’re keeping those kinks underneath juicy...you’ll be Gucci!
here’s how to keep your 4C hair moisturized with a protective style:
- step 1: before you install your protective style, cleanse and condition your coils with the too clean shampoo and too thicke deep conditioner
- step 2: continue to prep your kinks by moisturizing with the too soft leave-in conditioner
- step 3: once you’ve worn your protective style out and you’re ready to take it down, give your kinks a nice shampoo and deep condition to restore your 4C hair’s health
optional: if your protective style is box braids or twists, you can use a spray bottle full of water and aloe vera juice to keep your scalp and strands hydrated. you can also smooth in the too soft leave-in conditioner to your hair parts for moisture
there ya have it fren! keep ya kinks ready for all of the moves you’ll be making this moisturized girl summer.