hey fren, we all know it's important to take care of our hair, especially our 4C kinks. but did you know that 4C hair can be prone to thinning. here's everything you need to know about hair thinning and how to fix it.
causes of 4C hair thinning:
- over-manipulation: one of the main causes of 4C hair thinning is over-manipulation. this can include excessive brushing, combing, and styling, which can put stress on the hair and lead to breakage.
- heat damage: another common cause of 4C hair thinning is heat damage. always flat ironing your hair and using curl wands. this causes the hair to become dry and brittle, leading to breakage and thinning.
- chemical damage: creamy crack and hair dyes can also cause 4C hair to become thin and weak.
- nutrient deficiencies: nutrient deficiencies, particularly in iron and biotin, can also contribute to hair thinning. these nutrients are essential for healthy hair growth and maintenance.
preventative measures to keep your hair juicy and kinky:
- avoid over-manipulation: limiting the use of brushes and combs and opting for more gentle detangling methods such as finger detangling or a wide-tooth comb.
- limit heat styling: reducing the use of hot styling tools can also help prevent thinning. if you do use hot tools, make sure to use a heat protectant to minimize damage to the hair.
- avoid harsh chemicals: no creamy crack and reduce the amount of times you dye your hair throughout the year
- maintain a healthy diet: Eating a healthy, balanced diet rich in nutrients such as iron and biotin. also consider adding supplements to help ensure you are getting enough of these essential nutrients.
- protective styling: our favorite thing outside of twistouts. by incorporating protective styles such as braids, twists, and buns into your hair care routine can help protect the hair from damage and prevent thinning unless your hairstylist snatch them edges.
4C hair thinning can be a frustrating and concerning issue for many of the 4C girlies . but if you take measures such as avoiding over-manipulation, limiting heat styling and harsh chemicals, maintaining a healthy diet, and incorporating protective styles, you can help prevent your hair from thinning and keep your hair looking juicy and kinky.
let us know in the comments how you keep your too thicke & juicy!